Here is a selection:
- The straight line is ungodly.
- Progression is retrogression and retrogression becomes progression.
- When we dream alone it is only a dream, but when many dream together it is the beginning of a new reality.
- Just carrying a ruler with you in your pocket should be forbidden, at least on a moral basis. The ruler is the symbol of the new illiteracy. The ruler is the symptom of the new disease, disintegration of our civilisation.
- There are no evils in Nature, there are only evils of Man.
- The colourful, the abundant, the manifold, is always better than mediocre grey and uniformity.
- Everyone should be able to build, and as long as this freedom to build does not exist, the present-day planned architecture cannot be considered art at all.
- We must at last put a stop to having people move into their quarters like chickens and rabbits into their coops,
- One must live as though one were at war and everything rationed
- Only when architect, bricklayer and tenant are a unity, or one and the same person, can we speak of architecture. Everything else is not architecture, but a criminal act which has taken on form.
- Today we live in a chaos of straight lines, in a jungle of straight lines. If you do not believe this, take the trouble to count the straight lines which surround you. Then you will understand, for you will never finish counting.”
- Visual pollution is more poisonous than any other pollution because it kills the soul.
- I should perhaps like to be known as the magician of vegetation or something similar. We are in need of magic. I fill a picture until it is full with magic, as one fills up a glass with water.